Old January 13th 18, 11:12 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,rec.photo.digital,alt.comp.freeware
Mayayana

Default Make 12x18" signs at home on 8.5x11" B&W laser printer

"Eco Clean" wrote

| 1) I created the above newt.bmp from the powerpointe.
| 2) I installed PSP5.1 as per your link above.
| 3) I opened up "newt.bmp" in PSP5
| 4) I hanged the DPI from 72dpi to 100dpi using
| FilePreferencesGeneralProgramPreferencesRulersA ndUnits
| DefaultResolution = 100 pixels / inch

That probably doesn't do anything. DPI is only
relevant in context. It's confusing. If your monitor
is dispaying 96 DPI and your printer is printing
300 dpi, a 600px wide image will print at about 2"
wide and show onscreen at about 1 screen inch.
That won't change if you change the DPI setting
in PSP.

http://www.fileconvoy.com/dfl.php?id...a44a2679 3d03

| It looks a lot bigger than it should be but maybe it's OK in size.
| I measured the printout to be 8 inches wide (+1/4-inch unprintable
margins)
| so that makes the result 16 inches wide instead of 12 inches
wide.?????????

| Besides, it's only the top left corner, and it has 1/4 inch margins on all
| sides because my printer does not print to the edge of the page.
|
| Why did only the top left corner print?
| How do I get the other 3 corners to print?
| And why is the size completely wrong?

It looks like you're fine, but it's better to print it
with Irfanview. You got the top left because that's
default. You got more than half because the paper
is 8" wide. If in IV you set custom height to 12x18,
IV will lay it out oriented to top left and you should
get the second image you posted. IV has the total
image as 12x18 and it's showing that to you in
terms of how much will fit on an 8x12.

For the next one,
uncheck "centered" in the position section and set
the left to something like -4. That should give you
the top right section. Then do the same for bottom
right and left. You'll end up with 4 sheets that
should look right when you overlay them to make
one piece 12x18.

Are you just printing parts? You didn't cut it
up into 4 pieces and 4 images? I guess that makes
sense, since IV can give you whatever layout you
want. I don't think PSP can do that.
But you will waste ink if you're going to print
all the overlapping parts rather than making 4 images
and printing those.