Old August 26th 05, 04:08 PM
David Dyer-Bennet

(John Francis) writes:

The D200 will be positioned against the EOS 20D, at a price point
I'd guess somewhere around $1200 - certainly no more than $1500.
You can't sell a 'FF' sensor at that kind of price. Well, not
for long, anyway. I suppose it's just conceivable that we'd see
an APS-H (1.3x crop factor), but even that is unlikely; having
a smaller sensor on your top-end model than on a midrange body
seems a rather unlikely strategy.

Anyway, I think 1.3x crop factor sensors are in rather a no-mans-land
right now. Nothing inherently wrong with them, but right now you can
get lenses for full-frame 35mm and lenses for 1.[56]x crop factor,
which leaves the 1.3x at a disadvantage for wideangle compared to
*both* other formats, and a disadvantage for telephoto compared to the
1.[56]x models.
Dragaera/Steven Brust: http://dragaera.info/ Much of which is still down