Old February 22nd 07, 09:00 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Paul Rubin

Default New Canon TX-1 Looks Weird

"MarkČ" mjmorgan(lowest even number writes:
As it turned out, I actually figure I shot MORE video with it than I
would have with my camcorder, simply because I could slip the tiny
SD700IS into a pocket, where the camcorder would never have come
along anyway. It's not as good as "real" video, but it was very
usable for my purposes. There are plenty of folks who are tired of
lugging around even the smaller tape-driven video cameras. --

Right, so why not make a "real" video camera that size, with video
performance comparable to fairly high end consumer camcorders, if all
it takes is slightly different electronics inside, plus ditching the
ability to shoot high-resolution stills? The 1/1.8" CCD should be at
least comparable to the 3x 1/6" CCD's in the current
Sony/Pana/whatever lineup. You can always stick yet another digicam
in your pocket if you want to also shoot stills.