Old September 19th 06, 04:22 PM posted to aus.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
Wolfgang Weisselberg

Default New Sony GPS Camera Accessory

["Followup-To:" header set to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems.]
Padu wrote:

Actually, I believe you don't need their hardware. I develop GPS based
applications, and thinking about it, if you have a tracklog recorded in a
given format (NMEA is common to most, if not all, GPS devices), it shouldn't
be difficult to write an application that goes through a folder where your
pictures are stored and match the date picture was taken from the EXIF, and
get the coordinate from the tracklog file at that time, and write back to
the EXIF.

I would create such a software easily, but I doubt that nobody thought about
it yet.

You are right:
http://freefoote.dview.net/linux_gpscorr.html

-Wolfgang