Old October 22nd 04, 01:50 AM
Kevin

I'm using D-76 undiluted. The recommended time for that with TXP is 6
mins. I haven't done a zone 5 test. I was actually thinking of doing
a zone 7 test, but I don't feel very confident that things are right
because having to overexpose by 2 stops seems excessive. I've never
had that problem with the old Tri-X.

Anyway, I think I will go ahead and do the zone 7 test and see if it
comes out with the excepted density.

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 19:02:52 GMT, "Nicholas O. Lindan"
wrote:

"Kevin" wrote

I just got my first batch of 4x5 TXP (Tri-x Professional) film. I did
a speed test ( .1 density above base and fog) using D-76. It came out
2 stops slower than rated. This really has me concerned.

What does a less pedagogical speed test reveal: what negative density do you
get with an 18% grey card? ~.8 - 1.2 od is about average, IIRC.