Old January 7th 07, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
William Graham

Default End of an Era

"Laurence Payne" lpayne1NOSPAM@dslDOTpipexDOTcom wrote in message
On Sat, 6 Jan 2007 12:25:50 -0800, "William Graham"
wrote:

This could be true, but there are some circumstances where this may not be
true.....If your only means of transportation is by plane, and you have to
transport yourself in order to live, or remain a functioning part of the
society, you might have the constitutional right to avoid such a search. -
It's sort of similar to the argument that the automobile is the normal,
accepted way of transporting oneself from state to state, and, since
travel
between states is by constitutional law, not requiring of any license or
passport, the drivers license is therefore an illegal, unconstitutional
document.

You're very big on convenience of the individual, aren't you? Wait
until a madman starts running round YOUR town. Road-blocks and
blanket searches will suddenly sound like a VERY good idea.

Well, I'm just quoting cases that I've heard about, or read about.....I
don't necessarily agree with all the decisions. Also, what makes you think
that there are no madmen "running around my town"? Believe me, we have our
share of madmen.......