Old August 18th 11, 04:18 PM
Keith Tapscott. Keith Tapscott. is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Pittel View Post
Is there a reason for using metol instead of dimezone-s?

My understanding is
that dimezone-s is a form of phenidone. The next time I mix up xtol I'm going
to try using edta instead of the dtpa.
Keep working dumbo needs the money
I prefer the standard MQ Borax (D-76/ID-11) to the PQ Borax (ID-68) developer and I suspect that I will also like the Metol (Elon) variant of Xtol as well.
I also find Metol much easier to weigh than Phenidone.

You are correct that Dimezone-S is a Phenidone derivative.

EDTA (fe) might work with the developer, but why not just stick with the DTPA now that you have already bought some?

For Xtol-M (Metol), I would start with the times given for D-76 and ID-11.