Old August 18th 11, 03:52 AM posted to rec.photo.darkroom
Frank Pittel

Default Jobo & Pre Rinse?

Frank Pittel wrote:
: Keith Tapscott. wrote:

: : Frank Pittel;929863 Wrote:
: : I got a recipe for xtol and the only thing that was a challenge to get
: : was the "DTPA" and I'm convinced that EDTA would work just as well. I
: : got
: : the DTPA from artcraft chemical and dimezone-s from the Photographers
: : Formulary.
: :
: :
: : -------------------
: : Keep working dumbo needs the money

: : I may try the formula for the Xtol patent, but I will use metol at 2
: : grams per litre in place of dimezone-s.

: Is there a reason for using metol instead of dimezone-s? My understanding is
: that dimezone-s is a form of phenidone. The next time I mix up xtol I'm going
: to try using edta instead of the dtpa. The dtpa in the quantities I'm ever going
: to use the stuff at is expensive. Of course I bought 100gm of the stuff and the recipe
: I have uses 1gm per liter of stock and I've got a supply of the stuff that will
: lat me for years at my current rate of use! :-)

Minor correction. I bought 250gm of DTPA instead of 100gm. :-)
--

Keep working dumbo needs the money