Old June 23rd 18, 11:15 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Two monitors with LR update - Problem

On Sat, 23 Jun 2018 04:27:03 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

--- snip ---

I have just found that 'Print Screen' has changed fromCtrl-PrtScreen to Prt Screen. Here is the result of both screens being
printed as one https://www.dropbox.com/s/c7wwgk2djh...oblem.jpg?dl=0

OK! That pretty much confirns that a problem exists.

I guess you have to go through a bunch of diagnostic checks to see if this is
an LR CCC, or Win10 only issue, or a conflict between the two. Then there is
the hardware to be considered, an issue with the right side display, or
cables, or a possible issue with your graphics card.

It seems to be a problem confined to LR. What I have found out since
is that it seems to be a problem unpacking the apparently compressed
image sent to the second screen. Some times if I wait the sharpness
will suddenly jump to the next stage or even run to completion.
Sometimes this will be triggered by an action in LR.

Did you update both LR CCC and Win10 at the same time, or has the Win10
update been in use for other stuff before dealing with LR CCC?

Win10 first, several weeks ago. LR yesterday. Win10 seems to be acting
much the same as ever (except for the changes).

Do you use the dual screen for other stuff, and if so, does this problem
manifest itself in anyway?

Apart from image processing, the main time that I am using both
screens together I have Fire Fox on the left hand screen and Agent
(news reader and email) on the right hand screen. Often something
which comes in through Agent triggers a URL which needs Fire Fox. All
that seems to be working OK.

Can you flip the left and right screens to check if the problem will move to
the left?

I used to be able to do that. I haven't yet found where it has gone to
in W10. I will try it when I find it.

Later: I found it but as soon as I start it up the fuzzy LR display
dissapears. I'm back to a single display.

My conclusions so far a

1. It's not a hardware problem.

2. It is confined to LR CCC and seems to be in the software.

I may have to resort to Adobe. :-(

Eric Stevens