Old June 23rd 18, 03:28 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ron C

Default Two monitors with LR update - Problem

On 6/23/2018 4:47 AM, Eric Stevens wrote:
On Fri, 22 Jun 2018 21:36:17 -0700, Savageduck
wrote:

On Jun 22, 2018, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

I use two identical Dell UP2516D 2560 x 1440 monitors driven by a
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Display adapter. The operating system is the
current 1803 version of Windows 10.

When using Lightroom I do all my editing etc in the left hand monitor
and use the right hand monitor for a full screen display. I have found
this arrangement quite satisfactory for the last several years but,
now, I have just downloaded the latest update for Adobe Lightroom and
have found the second monitor behaving in a peculiar fashion.

The images in the left hand monitor are quite sharp (and true to
color) as usual but the definition of those in the right hand monitor
range from not quite sharp to totally blurry. The results are not
consistent in that if in develop mode I switch from a sharp image A to
image B image B may be blurry one time and sharp another time. And
then image A may be blurry while C is sharp. There is no consistency
in what I can expect.

I use my own images as desk top background and I have found them to
always be consistently sharp in either monitor on every occasion. I
think I can rule out the monitor as the cause. My suspicion is that
the problem is somewhere in the software.

My question is, has anyone else experienced or heard of this problem?

When did you update LR CCC? I updated on June 18, and I have not noticed any
issues.

I did it today. Complications arising from the removal of a skin
cancer in my legs have kept me laid fairly low for more than two
months. I'm starting to come right only now which is why I have been a
bit behind with many things.

That said I am only using my Mac with a single display, and this is the first
I have heard of this problem. It might be worth checking with PeterN as I
believe he uses dual displays and Win10.

Have you checked your LR Preferences with regard to “Performance” and
having the “Use Graphics Processor” box checked?

Yep.

I also understand that some folks have been experiencing issues with the
latest Win19 update, but I have no idea how that might be related to your
issue.

Neither do I. I have noticed a number of changes, mainly associated
waking up the machine from sleep, but nothing which might be
associated with this problem.

I have one win 10 machine but don't use it much so haven't encountered
the problem .. yet.
Anyway, I did a search on 1803 blurry and found a bunch of stuff.
Here's a clip from one:
~~
1803 has a new feature that can help alleviate the problem. To fix a
blurry app head to Settings System Display Advanced scaling
settings and flip the “Let Windows try to fix apps so they’re not
blurry” switch to On.
~~
Hope this helps.
--