Old May 21st 14, 06:36 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Fixing a scratched LCD screen

On 2014-05-20 20:11:29 +0000, Alfred Molon said:

The LCD screen of my camera by now has a number of light scratches.
Nothing deep, the scratches came from carrying the camera around.

A while ago I believe I heard of some kind of liquid which would fix
these issues if applied on the screen, i.e. would make the plastic of
the screen scratchless again. Does something like that exist?

The problem is to first determine that the LCD screen is indeed
plastic, many are glass.
Nikon DSLRs have been delivered with a plastic protective cover which
for the most part protects the glass of the LCD screen from scratches
and impact damage. However I have also used the Giottos *Schott glass*
protective covers as they are less obtrusive, and are easily replace if
damaged.
http://www.giottos.com/pro_view.aspx?nId=8&TypeId=37
and they are available via B&H.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search...h=yes&sts =ta

If the screen is plastic then most automotive plastic lens polishes
should take out obvious scratches.

Savageduck