Old September 17th 17, 02:03 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ken Hart[_4_]

Default Stupid computer reviews

On 09/16/2017 08:00 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Sep 16, 2017, Eric Stevens wrote
(in ):

On Sat, 16 Sep 2017 15:55:20 -0400,
wrote:

In , android
wrote:

Bill Gates:

"No one will ever need more than 637Kb of memory for a personal
computer."

https://www.pcworld.com/article/1559...ions.html?page
=2
"Two years from now, spam will be solved."
Bill Gates, founder of Microsoft, 2004

and this bit of amazing stupidity:
"Almost all of the many predictions now being made about 1996 hinge
on the Internet's continuing exponential growth. But I predict the
Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996
catastrophically collapse."
Robert Metcalfe, founder of 3Com, 1995

and from page 1 of that link,
https://www.pcworld.com/article/155984/worst_tech_predictions.html
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
Ken Olsen, founder of Digital Equipment Corporation, 1977

"Television won't be able to hold on to any market it captures after
the first six months. People will soon get tired of staring at a
plywood box every night."
Darryl Zanuck, executive at 20th Century Fox, 1946

"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers."
Thomas Watson, president of IBM, 1943

I have never seen so many indians in all my life.
George A. Custer, 1876.

You, and your damn theater tickets.
Abraham Lincoln to Mary Todd Lincoln, 1865.

"'Take the convertible' you said. 'It's a nice day for a parade' you said"
JFK to John Connally.

--
Ken Hart