Old June 13th 07, 03:18 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
GS[_2_]

Default Pentax K10D or Canon 30D

Pete D wrote:
"m II" wrote in message

jean wrote:

If your Pentax lenses have fast focus motors, then stay with Pentax.
5fps
is nice as long as the lenses can follow, in the Canon system, only the
very
best lenses can do that.

None of my Pentax lenses have focus motors. The motors in my cameras are
all in the body.

The first consumer grade auto focus camera ever (a Pentax) had the motor
in the lens, but they quickly canceled that idea.

http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/technology/AF/index.html

mike

But they are bringing them back in their premium lenses.

Thanks all for the replies.

As it stands now, the K10D is the front runner, I can find a brand new
body for just under C$800, which is a huge savings over the 30D. Plus,
to the best of my knowledge the lenses from my MZ's should work fine,
but I'm going to try the *ist DS I have access to with them just to make
sure..