Old June 12th 07, 05:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
GS[_2_]

Default Pentax K10D or Canon 30D

Getting ready to finally take the plunge here after sitting on the
sidelines (and having the use of a *ist DS)

I've narrowed it down to the 30D and K10D. I like the 30D for the fast
5fps as I take a lot of sports photos, but think I may be able to live
with the K10D's 3 fps (if it really is that fast, the 2fps the *ist is
supposed to get I have never been able to do)

Economic's as well as being a long time Pentax user may factor in favour
of the K10D, the camera being cheaper to begin with and if I buy the
body only I can use any one of my 28-70 af lenses from my MZ10's & MZ7
as well as some of my older K mount primes and zooms.

However I am still impressed with the 30D, nothing I have been able to
find in its price range can match the fps speed, and I've read that the
larger megapixels with the same size sensor is not neccesarily a good
thing (more noise etc.)

So, for under 1000C$ I can get going with the K10D, but will using it
with the older autofocus lenses from my film camera's be satisfactory or
should I spring for one of the lenses made specifically for the digital?
75% of my shooting will be with one of these utility lenses, but I
do do some with my older 80-200 and my old 50mm super takumar (with k
adaptor)

The 30d will set me back quite a bit more, but if I spring for a decent
lens (28-300ish) it would do for pretty well all my shooting.

decisions decisions...