Old December 19th 05, 10:23 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital

Default Getting that film look

"Charles Schuler" wrote in message

I have heard these kinds of comments and often find that they are sort of
an urban legend similar to some who insist tube amplifiers sound better
than solid-state amplifiers. Double-blind tests always do them in (they
can't consistently identify the type of amplifier).

I have recently joined a camera club - which means photographic
competitions. All very good natured and a nice way to get an experienced eye
to view your photographs. The judges in the three competitions I have so far
entered have had a go at guessing whether shots are film or digital. I am
pleased to report that they often get it wrong.

John