Old April 27th 05, 05:08 AM
Sheldon

Any major US discount stores that sell electronics should have what you
want:

Wal-Mart
Office Max
Office Depot
Circuit City
Best Buy

Know what you want before you go, however, as the service and advice in
these stores can be pretty bad, but they are popular American discount
stores that will sell you legit equipment without much hassle. Some of
these places will let you order over the Net and will hold the item in the
store, but you can usually just go in and buy it. Many also have low price
guarantees, although the guarantee does not apply to prices you find on the
Net.

Also, most stores will exchange any camera that is not working within so
many days, so I would start using it immediately, as I'm sure you probably
will anyway.

"JohaN" wrote in message
I'm buying myself a EOS 20D the next time I'm visiting the US. (That way I
can save about 35 % when I don't have to pay Swedish taxes and duty...)
I'm visiting friends in NM and TX (Albuquerque, Las Cruces and El Paso).

What do you think is the best way to buy the camera? I run into trouble
with many US Internet stores since I have a Swedish credit card and no US
address. I also want to avoid any trouble with the delivery since I only
stay in one place (within the US) for a few days at the time.

What stores are really reliable and would consider keeping a specific
camera in store for me on a specific date? Or is there a smart way to
solve this over the Internet and arrange the delivery to my friends in
NM/TX?