Old February 22nd 12, 07:42 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
David Dyer-Bennet

Default Will a new computer help?

"Alan Justice" writes:

"Alan Browne" wrote in message

Adobe transferred my CS3 license Gratis.

--- snip

I thought that when you buy software it can be installed on all of your
computers because you can only use one at a time. It's a single user.

There are different license agreements used by different companies, in
terms of what's "legal". (And shrink-wrap licenses have been upheld at
least to some extent in court, which is appalling.)

Photoshop allows me to install on two computers, or perhaps more if I
"deactivate" one of the licenses. Since they use central validation,
they can somewhat enforce this (you have to crack the whole DRM
scheme).

Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD has a one-use-at-a-time license, no rules
about number of systems installed on.
--
David Dyer-Bennet, ; http://dd-b.net/
Dragaera: http://dragaera.info