Old August 16th 04, 12:37 PM
RolandRB

Default any repair tips for a leaf shutter?

I have a couple of Retina Reflex IIIs with slow shutter blades (true
of almos all of them). Since most lenses with leaf shutters are MF
lenses, is there some long-lasting trick to make them come back to
life, such as using very fine graphite powder, or do I have to bite
the bullet and pay for a full shutter service from those competent to
service Compur shutters? Perhaps there are some current or ex-camera
repair people here who have worked on Compur leaf shutters who can
answer my question.