Old June 28th 07, 12:51 PM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Trev

Default Can photo (time and f-stop) info be recorded automatically?

"Pete" wrote in message
.. .
On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:10:31 -0700, wrote:

I wonder if some digital cameras record the time and f-stop for each
photo which is taken automatically. How do people keep the time and f-
stop on their pictures? I don't recall that these data are recorded in
the jpeg file that are created... or does it need a special software
to capture them?
Thanks for info

Most cameras record this information in the EXIF header in the JPEG file.
convenient way to see this info is to use the free Irfanview software.

Pete

Or windows explorer . Right click Properties Summery tab and the advanced
button. You can also download the free Microsoft power toy "Photo
Information" tool for XP that lets you edit the exif and add tags. I think
that's all built in to Vistas explore