Old June 28th 07, 08:04 AM posted to rec.photo.digital,uk.rec.photo.misc,rec.photo.misc,alt.photography,rec.photo.equipment.misc
Hoshisato

Default Can photo (time and f-stop) info be recorded automatically?

On Jun 28, 5:10 am, wrote:
I wonder if some digital cameras record the time and f-stop for each
photo which is taken automatically. How do people keep the time and f-
stop on their pictures? I don't recall that these data are recorded in
the jpeg file that are created... or does it need a special software
to capture them?
Thanks for info

The camera stores the information in the EXIF header, Exifer is a
great tool to view them: http://www.friedemann-schmidt.com/software/exifer/
Alternatively, services like Webshots do display them if the picture
includes an EXIF header: http://travel.webshots.com/photo/257...37002407mbEHcn