Old October 11th 10, 04:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,aus.photo,rec.photo.digital
John McWilliams

Default rainy day macros

On 10/10/10 PDT 11:12 PM, Paul Furman wrote:
Troy Piggins wrote:
Was supposed to go to Roma St Parklands on Saturday for another
meet with some local macro enthusiasts. The weather had other
ideas.

Cleaning out the fridge and found some mouldy cake. Ever wondered
what mould looks like at 1:1, 3:1, and 5:1 lifesize? I did, so
thought I'd take some abstract macros. Sounds disgusting,
doesn't it. Not sure what you think, but I think it looks
beautiful at this scale. Like some alien forest.

5:1 lifesize
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4104/...0aece38c_b.jpg

Crop from another shot:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4154/...fd11fc8f_b.jpg

PS - don't worry. If you come over for tea and cake, we only
give our guests the week old cake, not the 2 week old cake.

Cool.

Actually, this shows that (was) tasty good eats if the mold thought it
was worth infesting. Try that with a hostess ding-dong and you won't get
any mold, ever.

Define "ever". I found a 25 year old Ding Dong in an old back pack, and
it had just started with the mold. Or mould.....

--

John McWilliams

-- well, it coulda happened.....