Old August 2nd 04, 12:17 AM
Frank Pittel

Default Kodak on Variable Film Development: NO!

Michael Scarpitti wrote:
: Frank Pittel wrote in message ...
: Interestingly enough I can't seem to find this book for sale. The only refernece
: I can find is to a long out of print book from 1952. It's clear from reading new
: publications from Kodak that they have come to see the light.

: No, perhaps those who knew what the hell they were talking about
: retired or died, dumbass....

It's more likely that while the engineers were working with Ansel Adams during the '50s
on the Zone system they came to realize the value of using development time to control
the contrast of negatives. This would certainly be a more likely reason for Kodak
shifting it's position and advice on using development time to control negative
contrast.

In any case the improvements I got in both the print-ability of my negatives and the
improvement I got in my prints after starting to use the zone system is enough of a
reason for me to continue using the zone system. The reversal of Kodak's position on
the matter simply reinforces my position.