Old October 16th 06, 09:30 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm,rec.photo.digital
Bob Hickey

Default Leica M8 - is the lens mount THAT expensive?

"jeremy" wrote in message

somewhere that photographers that shoot 35 tend to be oriented toward

either
rangefinders or SLRs, but not to both. I found that I am clearly biased

in
favor of the SLR. It may be bigger and louder, but the ability to see in
the viewfinder what will appear in the photo, regardless of what lens is
mounted on the camera, is invaluable to me.

The owner of my local 1-Hour joint, was always one
of those "always wanted a Leica" guys. Problem was, he couldn't see thru an
"M" and the "Rs" lost their resale values. His solution: buy the "M" and
take pictures with the old Nikon. Very inscrutable. Bob
Hickey