Old September 18th 06, 06:18 AM posted to aus.photo,alt.photography,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.digital.slr-systems,rec.photo.digital.zlr
[email protected]

Default New Sony GPS Camera Accessory

Mr.T wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I do it the low tech way - immediately before the shot (or after if I
think about it too late) I hold my GPS in front of the camera and take
exactly the same shot. Costs me nothing more than some extra wear and
tear on my CF card.

I wouldn't worry about the CF card, but all SLR's DSLR's have a finite life
expectency for number of exposures/shutter operation.
Obviously you will only get half the number of actual photo's. Given that
most DSLR bodies will probably be obsolete before they are worn out, I would
not let it stop you though :-)

I think my shutter is rated at 150,000 actuations. I've done about 9000
shots in 18 months, so that means I still have 25 years to go before it
breaks. ;-)

I don't do the extra GPS shot for *every* frame - usually just once to
record the general location of the following shots (I usually don't
need to do this unless it's a newly discovered location), or multiple
times where I want to recreate specific frames as closely as possible
in the future.