Old April 6th 20, 05:42 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Tony Cooper[_2_]

Default Film camera

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 10:33:24 -0400, Alan Browne
wrote:

back a CD with the pictures. But you have to wait a week.

Are you a government worker perchance?

I'll take that for a yes. Government workers never answer with a simple
yes or no. They consistently go off on tangents.

I don't know if you classify politicians as "government workers", but
it seems to be essential for a politician to be able to speak at
length without actually answering any question put to them.

When I watch the Sunday morning TV shows like "Meet The Press", I am
constantly impressed by the ability of the politicians being
interviewed to *not* answer a question or address the point being made
by the interviewer in 10,000 words or more.

The lengthy replies are like cotton candy ("candy floss" to the UK
readers): volume without substance.

Our Commander in Chief - who doesn't seem to be in command of
anything, and has no command of the English language - has another way
of deflecting the hard questions: "That's a nasty question" or
"You're fake news", or "Let's talk about my ratings".
--
Tony Cooper - Orlando, Florida