Old May 11th 17, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Russell D.[_3_]

Default Film scanners?

On 04/21/2017 10:34 AM, nospam wrote:
Savageduck wrote:

What Russell posted late in the thread was:

"Bill, I can take shoot a roll of TriX and develop it in D-76 1:1 and
get one look and then stand develop another roll in 1:100 Rodinal for
an hour and get another look and then develop another roll in coffee
(Caffenol) for yet another look. It's fun. You cannot duplicate the
experience or the look with digital. Film has a unique look. It is not
better or worse than digital. It is just different."

He was referring to *his* experience, and that's a perfectly valid
claim.

However, each of those rolls of Tri-X is limited to its singular and
unique developing process, whereas a single digital exposure can be
processed with as many different film emulations you care to experiment
with, without loosing the experimental experience.

and look exactly like tri-x, if that's the goal.

With software such
as Exposure X2 you have the option with B&W emulations to use different
developer types, including Rodinal at different concentrations to
achieve different grain concentration and quality.
The combinations are endless, and much less toxic than using a wet darkroom.

yep

although you won't get the coffee aroma that you would when developing
in coffee. you can, of course, brew a fresh pot to drink.

Sadly, I don't like the smell of coffee.