Old April 21st 17, 12:05 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Film scanners?

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

Pretty much everyone reading this has several thousand dollars
invested in digital camera kit and software. And, some like the Duck,
are contemplating spending a couple of thou more upgrading and adding
to what they already have. And, he's burning a lot of gas and time
driving out to take snapshots of a field of wildflowers.

And were anyone to do it all with film they would have several
thousand dollars invested in camera kit, development tank, trays and
enlarger. Not to forget a darkroom of some kind, bench, plumbing and
drainage.

in other words, more expensive and more hassle.

Over the years I have variously used plates, sheet film, roll film and
digital and I have no hesitation in saying that digital photography is
very much to be preferred.

for all sorts of reasons.