Old December 8th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Ali[_3_]

Default Buying Xmas Present for Mum. Canon P&S?

Hi all

I am looking to buy a P&S for my mum for Christmas and although I know a
fair bit about photography, ironically I have absolutely no idea when it
comes to P&S cameras!

I am looking for something that is from a reputable manufacturer, fairly
small, decent photos straight out of the camera, nice looking and especially
easy to use. Being a long term Canon fan I have seen the Canon IXUS 75 that
I quite like the look of, which are about £150.

Anyone used this camera, or similar cameras? What are they like? What is
the shutter lag, startup time, battery life, etc. like? Easy to use?

(Sorry, I don't know what it's called in the US, maybe the PowerShot SD750?)