Old November 24th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.photo.equipment.35mm
Annika1980

Default WHAT'S UP WITH THE 20D?

Richard Polhill wrote:
Sorry, Bret, I really do like some of your images, even if you do attribute
all the skill to the 20D.

No need to apologize to me. I can take whatever criticisms you can
dish out. Hell, I welcome them! That's how you get better. Keep the
critiques coming!

But some, like this, are really just perfectly focused and exposed snapshots.

Yeah, sometimes that's all you're gonna get. But it is nice to know
that with the proper equipment even your quick grab shots have a good
chance of being perfectly focused and nicely exposed. That, to me, is
the true value of good equipment. It is very easy to get good results
with even the cheapest equipment given controlled situations and
perfect lighting. But not many of us shoot in a studio. When you're
on the move and shooting in poorly lit rooms or outside in mixed
lighting, you want equipment that will let you get the most out of the
scene. With my 20D, for example, I know I can take shots like this at
ISO 1600 without worrying about grain or noise.
http://www.pbase.com/bret/image/70671265

This also answers your question of why I post photos in an equipment
newsgroup. Isn't the purpose of equipment to take photos? How better
to show the value of good equipment that with some examples? It also
answers the unasked question of why I take pics ... to share with
others.