Old October 24th 03, 02:39 PM
Joe

Default Available Light Photography

On 10/23/2003 08:44 PM, George said:
I'm looking for a critique of the following photo:

How does that picture look to you? I took this during our "Light up
Cincinnati" event. Exposure was 30 seconds @ f/11, Fuji Reala. The
picture is unedited, however I plan on editing out the truck on the
bottom left corner. Any composition changes you would make? Any
adjustments? I'm always looking to improve my skills; after 13 years
I'm still learning.

Thanks in advanced.

I like the picture, but my first impression is that something doesn't look
quite right. I think the sky is too light, and takes away from the night
time feeling. In my photo editing software, I did an edit curves, made the
darks darker, but kept the ligher values as is, and I thought it looked much
improved.

In the foreground, I think it would be better if the steamboat wasn't cut off
on the right edge. Maybe if you stood more to the right, to get the entire
boat, and still got some of the bridge on the left.

--
Joe
http://www.joekaz.net/