Old September 1st 07, 08:08 AM posted to rec.photo.film+labs
[email protected]

Default Moon Photography

Hey everyone,

I've been doing the Photo thing for about a year. My dad gave me his
Nikon FG and I just started shooting, learned the basics pretty fast
and now I've been putting out some - not to be all ME ME ME ish -
stellar work.

I've slowly gotten more and more into Surrealism inspired by an
accidental 'tripped out' photo I printed (I love accidents) once and
have had some ideas using a full moon, either way I would like a
straight photo of the full moon for my wall...

I wasn't able to get a hold of some film for the eclipse (DAMN), but
did take two rolls of film on the full moon the next night, I tried
once a couple months back with 3 extra exposures and just snapped some
random ones on a tripod but they were overexposed.

The two rolls I took last week I just sat outside in my drive way with
a 500 mm lens and shot a **** load of random exposures all with
different shutter speeds, f stops and all and am fairly confident that
at least 2 or 3 will come out good.

All I'm wondering is if anyone knows the FG well (if it even matters)
and has some advice for some 'for sure' shots of the moon next time
around....

You can check my Digital stuff out (none of my surreal stuff, that's
all with film) at:

www.myspace.com/itnoise

Thanks!
Devon