Old January 16th 21, 12:07 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Photoshop CC problem(s)

On Tue, 12 Jan 2021 12:44:40 -0600, Bill W
wrote:

Go into task manager, and check for 100% (or close) CPU, memory, or disk
read/write usage. The problem will be that it might take forever just to get
into task manager, but it’s helpful, so wait. If it’s Adobe tying
everything up, then take nospam’s advice, and reinstall everything. If
something else is responsible, let us know what it is. I have had very
similar problems from Malwarybytes, Foxit Reader, and one or two others. If
it something else, then you have to kill those programs, or uninstall them,
and then talk to their customer support. My problems tended to come after
updates to programs, and reinstalling them will not fix that.

I wish I had two Task Managers so I could watch both Processes and
Performance at the same time. In the absence of a second, I spend most
time watching Performance. With TBMT enabled only one core (out of 12)
is actively engaged and that is at 100%. With TBMT disabled loading an
image has an effect on the loading of all cores but not excessively.

But that is only part of the problem. Why does PS insist on starting
raw files in ACR, even when I have all the options switched off? Why
does it then run so slowly? Why are the sliders not working? What is
the difference between loading an image in PS and ditto in LR? PS has
been unusable since before Christmas.

Eric Stevens