Old July 20th 07, 01:10 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Randall Ainsworth

Default Wedding Photography Critique Request

In article , Ron Hunter
wrote:

Just my personal opinion, but using flash, or having someone running
around, getting in the way of the friends and family at a wedding is
totally unacceptable conduct. Most wedding photographers are in the
same category as papparatzi, in my opinion. Some are so rude that they
have been asked to just leave. The rules need to be discussed ahead of
time, along with what is, and is not, to be photographed 'live', and how
many photos are to be taken, and when.
They should also realize that other guests WILL take pictures, and if
they aren't ok with this, then find someone who IS.

Over 20+ years of doing wedding photography, I had numerous occasions
where friends and relatives wanted to take photographs. I had no
problem as long as I got mine first...and they weren't shooting over my
shoulder. Brides & grooms were aware when they booked what the ground
rules were.