Old October 17th 04, 03:49 AM
Stacey

David Nebenzahl wrote:

On 10/16/2004 1:51 PM Richard Knoppow spake thus:

The fact is that recovery of archived material on
photographic film requires little specialized equipment
while digital data will always require a lot of specialized
equipment.

[more good stuff snipped]

Everything you say is so; my point was simply that it will undoubtedly be
possible to read digital images, even from obsolete media and formats, in
the future. You pointed out that it may be difficult to do so, which is
true. But it will still be possile.

Sure but if it's going to cost hundreds of bucks per image to recover them,
how many will be recovered?

BTW I have some paper tapes from a 1970's wang machine, know someone who can
read them for the same cost as looking at the photo's I took at the same
time? :-)
--

Stacey