Old February 8th 19, 05:12 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
nospam

Default Photoshop problem

In article , Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have 436 photographs of the front and back of coins. I am trying to
use variables to organise them in matched front and back pairs. Every
thing is going well until I get to apply the data sets when I get the
message "Could not apply the data set because of a disk error".

photoshop passes along the errors that the os returns, so if it says
disk error, then you have a disk error. fix it.

I had already run CHKDSK /F and found no change. There are a multitude
of possible disk errors and in this case it turned out to not be a
hardware fault. I have described it elsewhere.

yep. i saw that. it was indeed a disk error because you didn't provide
an absolute path when one was expected.

and using lightroom for what you describe would be vastly easier.

Possibly but I wanted to do other things as well which, as far as I
know, can only be done in Photoshop.

such as?

you do realize that lightroom can round-trip to photoshop for such
things while still managing organization? perhaps not.