Old February 8th 19, 01:45 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
Eric Stevens

Default Photoshop problem

On Thu, 07 Feb 2019 21:48:48 +1300, Eric Stevens
wrote:

I have 436 photographs of the front and back of coins. I am trying to
use variables to organise them in matched front and back pairs. Every
thing is going well until I get to apply the data sets when I get the
message "Could not apply the data set because of a disk error".

PSErrorLog.txt is full of records such as "2019:02:04 15:27:14 :
e:\ps\ps20\win64_release\20181219.r.30\photoshop\ main\interfaces\utrackresouceimp.h
: 134 : REQUIRE failed".

Searches on the Internet suggest that it may be something to do with
the scratch file. Normally it is on drive C: which has 298GB free. I
have tried switching it over to D: which has 720GB free but it makes
no difference.

I have posted my problem on Adobe forums but so far have not received
any reply.

Does anyone have any idea of what my problem could be and what I can
do to fix it?

I have found the solution and found that the basic problem is that
Photoshop won't accept relative file addresses in the data file. My
data file was giving the addresses of the files as Face-1.psd,
Face-2.psd etc and this was giving Photoshop indigestion. I managed to
bulldoze my way through this at the trial stage by manually selecting
images and it was when I tried to run 'Apply' that I got the disk
error message. When I edited the data file to use absolute addresses
D:/Pictures/Coins/Test/Face-1.psd' etc it suddenly ran smoothly.

Pleasure. And thanks to all who have given me advice on this.

Eric Stevens