Old January 1st 05, 03:00 AM
mort

Hi,

I am very happy with my new Canon Digital Elph S500, with a 5 MP chip. I make
very nice prints up to 8.5 x 11" with good color and sharpness. There are a
few manual adjustments possible, if you care to put the camera into manual
mode. It fits into a pocket, and comes from Canon which has a good reputation.
My H-P printer, let alone my laptop, allows me to make improvements in the
print-making process.

As with any camera, you must hold it steady and push the shutter button gently
to avoid shake-blur. Also, you must first depress the release button halfway to
allow the camera to focus, then press further to take the picture. Should you
just press down quickly all the way on the shutter release, the camera may not
focus properly.

Good luck.

Mort

Jitz wrote:

I've had a digital camera for almost 4 years (Toshiba PDR - M70) and I've
never been happy with the quality of picture. It's 3.2 mega pixel, I always
use the highest resolution, and I mostly "point and shoot." The colors seem
OK, but the pictures are usually blurry/fuzzy.

I would like to invest in a new camera. I have three young kids and mostly
take pictures of them, both indoors and out. I am considering cameras such
as Sony DSC P150, Canon G6, and Canon Digital Rebel.

My question: Would I be happy enough with a "point and shoot," or is the
picture quality significantly enough better that I should step up to a
digital SLR prosumer type camera? All things being equal I'd rather not
spend the $900 or so plus lug around a bigger camera (plus the manual
options scare my technophopic wife), but if the result is that much better,
it's a fai trade-off.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff