Old July 20th 09, 08:17 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
Newshound

Default A3 photo printers

I have a somewhat similar need (see a recent thread on HP Deskjet 1220
follow-on). I prefer familiar evils for unfamiliar ones, and so, as a
long-standing HP user, I ended up ordering a HP Officejet K7100. HP site
(www.hp.com) does not include this any more in its current offering, but
HP in my country still sells it. Price here is about 250 euros which would
be equivalent to some $200 or less. In addition to basic photo printing
using 3 inks it permits replacing the black ink tank by a 3 additional
colors for enhanced photo printing with 6 inks. I considered the newer and
more expensive K8600 also; what tipped the scale in favor of K7100 was the
availability of inks. For the K8600 I would have to order by mail; for the
K7100 I get the inks at the nearest bookstore.

You did not say what your bad experience with Epson many years ago was.
Long ago a common problem with Epson was clogged printheads. I have used
HP printers for 10+ years, and while I have experienced my share of
problems, I have never had a clogged printhead.

Matti P.

Thanks. I *think* it included problems with clogged print heads, also
cartridges claiming to be empty and refusing to print even when they
contained ink