Old July 20th 09, 04:49 AM posted to comp.periphs.printers,rec.photo.digital
Arthur Entlich

Default A3 photo printers

I just noticed Brother now has an all in one inkjet which produces a
A3/11" x 17" prints. Model is MFC-6490CW and lists for $299 US.

Epson's cheapest model is the R1400, which uses the Claria dye inks. It
is relatively low maintenance, and produces very nice prints when
using photo quality papers. List price about $370 US Prints to 13" x 19"
(about B3 size).

HP K8600 (about $525 US) and Canon Pro 9000 Mark II prints to 13" x 19"
(about $500 US). They may have others as well, as I don;t follow their
models well.

Art

If you are interested in issues surrounding e-waste,
I invite you to enter the discussion at my blog:

http://e-trashtalk.spaces.live.com/

newshound wrote:
I'm thinking about getting an A3 colour printer for photos. Low volume,
entry level price. Don't need exhibition quality, just for personal
"fun" use, a few posters for clubs, the occasional engineering drawing.
What makes / models would you suggest?

TIA