Old August 1st 07, 05:59 AM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
frederick

Default Why current silver DSLRs make people want to vomit

RichA wrote:
The Rebel and Rebel XT. Very rare Nikon D50s and Olympus E-500s.
What they all share is a stigma in cameras that in humans is akin to
leprosy. Silvered plastic. It looks so awful and cheezy that only
the lowest forms of life (bottom barrel pocketable P&Ss) wear it like
a badge of honour.
However, mark my words. If Canon or Nikon released a metal bodied
DSLR with a silver finish like the old FE or AE-1s SLRs, it would
cause a sensation. IMO, it could possibly outsell black.

Nikon also made the "FA" in silver or black. IIRC the black ones were
polycarbonate and better than the silver ones which were ABS. I had a
silver one - and it's the only plastic camera I've owned where the
plastic cracked. I should have bought the other plastic one.