Old April 10th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.photo.technique.misc,rec.photo.digital
Summer Wind[_2_]

Default Where to develop B&W film in London?

"Hoshisato" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm looking for a good address to have Black&White 35mm film developed
in London. I tried Jessops but they took 2 weeks and the negatives had
lots of calcium deposits on them. Any suggestions?

Developing your own black and white film is a lot easier than you might
think. There are a lot of "how to" sites on the Web. Here are a couple.

http://photography.about.com/library...white%20 film

http://www.ehow.com/how_1353_develop-black-white.html

You will either find the process rewarding or a hassle. I find it
enjoyable. Are you going to scan or print your negatives?

Chromogenic B&W films an alternative to traditional silver emulsions. They
are processed in C-41 chemistry, so you can drop them off at the nearest
minilab and get negatives and prints. Use the prints as proofs and print or
scan the negatives. Here's an article.

http://photography.about.com/library.../aa090202d.htm

SW