Old December 3rd 06, 07:43 AM posted to rec.photo.digital
[email protected]

Default Rubinar 500/5.6 - lubrication and other stuff.

"Rudy Benner" writes:

wrote in message
"Rudy Benner" writes:

While I have the lens partly disassembled , I am thinking I should
go a bit further and change the lubricant for the focus, its really
stiff. I need a suggestion for a commonly available lubricant, one
which will work well in sub zero temperatures.

There isn't one. Go find a microscope place, and ask them for some
grease to use. Be nice and they will possibly give you the small smear
you need for free.

Do NOT even THINK of using normal grease or oil, it will coat the optics
and inner surfaces and trash the lens.

--
Paul Repacholi 1 Crescent Rd.,
+61 (08) 9257-1001 Kalamunda.

http://www.micro-tools.com/store/Sea...tegoryCode=LUB

Some research seems to indicate that NYOIL or HELICAL GREASE are what I
need. Any thoughts on that Paul?

Maybe, I don't know the specific stuff you quote. Ring or visit your
local uni and ask one of the lab techs what they use, and where to get it.

The above seem OK though.