Old October 25th 05, 08:03 PM
Joseph Meehan

Default A camera suitable for...

J. Arnold wrote:
Hello all.

Wondering if you could suggest something for me here. I know someone
who is going to participate in the New York marathon and he would
like to know if there is a gadget of some description that will take
pictures as he jogs the marathon course.

I remember seeing somewhere and have now forgotten the specifics of a
gadget that can be worn, I think around the neck, that would take
pictures every so often depending on certain stimuli - like a sudden
stop. Of course, when running a marathon, having something loose
around your neck is the last thing you want (unless you have a
sadistic bent).
Having said all that, all he is looking for is something that can be
attached to something (shirt, wrist...) and will take pictures
intermittently. Picture quality is not really an issue, but of
course, it would be nice to have something recognisable at the end of
the event.
Any suggestions? Any mentioned will be greatfully appreciated.

J. Arnold,
London.

I am not sure I would want to carry one running a marathon, but the last
time my son and I ran one together he carried a disposable film camera. We
got some great photos of Dublin and all the people along the way. I would
suggest the smallest digital you can find, hopefully one that does not
require any input other than pressing the button which is easy to press.
After a few miles thinking about settings is not going to happen.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit