Old April 25th 05, 06:51 AM
MarkČ

"paul" wrote in message

MarkČ wrote:
"PTRAVEL" wrote in message
.. .

"Annika1980" wrote in message
egroups.com...

A friend sent me this link the other day, I think the concept is

cool...

http://patrykrebisz.com/stills/FINAL_movie.html

I wonder how the guy got around the buffer limitations?
It must've been a bitch to shoot, but it turned out very cool.
The lighting is very well done as well.
Very nice film. I think I know the trick -- just use the Canon remote
software to record to a computer. Carry around a laptop connected via
the USB port and it should work. I'll have to try that with my 10D.

I've been thinking of doing something similar, like shooting time
sequences of clouds moving. Then I'll edit it to 24 or 30 fps and have
twice the resolution of HDTV.
But I'm gonna need a big friggin monitor!

That's quite easy to do, and it works like a charm (haven't tried the
"HDTV" part).
I've made a number of stop-motion sequences using my 10D just for fun.
All you need is a tripod, manual exposure, and a way to play-back and/or
record the playback sequence.
-Mark

Here's a cloud sequence I did on a D70:
http://www.edgehill.net/1/?SC=go.php&DIR=California/Bay-Area/San-Francisco/our-garden/more/2005-02-18-cloud-time-lapse
It's crazy how few pixels you can fit into a video format!

I remember you posting this once before.
A very nice sequence.