Old September 16th 04, 09:02 PM
Gordon Moat

Peter Lawrence wrote:

Here's the link to Nikon's press release:

http://nikonimaging.com/global/news/2004/0916_02.htm

- Peter

Thanks for sharing. It almost seems like more of an update to the F100,
than a change in the F5. This is the first F single digit camera from
Nikon to not allow changing the viewfinder. :-(

I am not surprised that the flash control feature of the latest digital
SLRs has made it to the film line, though I wonder if only the F6 will
have that capability in the film SLR line.

Nice to see they have cut some weight off the F5, the F6 is at 975 g. It
is close to the lightest F4 configuration which is 1090 g.

Also interesting to see Giugiaro listed as the body designer. This
Italian firm was responsible for the F3 body design as well. With some
possibility that this might be the last new flagship film SLR design
from Nikon (industry analysts expect no new film SLRs at all by 2008
from Japanese companies), it might become a future classic. Looks like a
nice package, though somewhat like an F100.

Ciao!

Gordon Moat
A G Studio
http://www.allgstudio.com/gallery.html Updated!