Old January 1st 18, 08:40 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
PeterN[_7_]

Default Nikon D850 is Camera of the Year in Japan

On 1/1/2018 3:00 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 1, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 1/1/2018 1:38 PM, Savageduck wrote:
On Jan 1, 2018, PeterN wrote
(in article ):

On 12/31/2017 8:14 AM, Savageduck wrote:
On Dec 31, 2017, Sandman wrote
(in ):

https://www.lightstalking.com/nikon-d850-camera-year-japan

"The Nikon D850 is a full-frame DSLR camera with a first-ever
back-illuminated image sensor for vast image quality improvement.
The sensor was the first to achieve 100 points on DXO."

All very nice, but as a hobbyist, amateur photographer, is this a camera I
must have?

I don’t believe so.

I am very tempted, but have to wait. The articulating screen is almost a
necessity for me.

I have that with my X-T2.

Does you Nikon glass work well?

What is well?

It works well enough on my D300S, but if you mean on my Fujifilm cameras, I
have an Nikon-Fuji-X mount adapter which allows me to use my Nikon glass with
the X-T2. However, that makes everything all manual. No AF, no AE.
Fortunately, one of the benefits of many of the mirrorless systems is the
ease of using manual focus, and exposure adjustments.

I also have six Fujinon lenses which have proven to be some of the best glass
I have ever used. I still have another two or three on my wish list. So there
has been little need to go to my Nikkor stuff. The only Nikon mount lens I
have regularly used on the Fujifilm cameras, has been my Tokina 11-16mm
f/2.8.

I have heard some really good things about the Fuji. My D500 is exactly
what I want for wildlife & dark landscapes. If I did get the 850, It
would be a replacement for the 800. I would use it for macro & landscape.
If I did get the 850

--
PeterN