Old August 19th 08, 06:03 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Allen[_3_]

Default Which ink runs out faster

Olin K. McDaniel wrote:
On Mon, 18 Aug 2008 07:55:11 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On Aug 17, 9:00=A0pm, "Craig" wrote:
I have been using Canon i9900 ink jet printer with 8 ink cartridges.
It seems to me that it uses PhotoMagenta ink faster than any others.
I might be wrong on that but how about your ink printer? =A0 Jack

Canon made the dam tanks so small that you will find you always need a
new cartrige and PM is what I also use alot of. Cost of printing is
alot more I believe than my 2 tank HP printer. Its like the canon
system just does not have real ink capacity, im always running out of
one or more tanks.

I'm still using a several year old Canon i950 with six color
cartridges. The manual for it clearly states that the yellow will go
fastest, then the photo-magenta and photo-cyan will go next fastest.
My experience over the years certainly confirms that, and I've been
refilling them the entire time. (Even replaced the print head once,
also.)
To reply by email, please remove "abcd" from Return address
"Ignorance is treatable, Stupidity is incurable. Sometimes
the difference is hardly distinguishable, however."

I have a Canon ip6700, which I like very much as I don't ant to make any
prints larger than 8.5X11. I use almost three PM cartridges for each
yellow. PM requires replacement much more often than any other color,
and yellow is at the bottom, by a large amount.
Allen