Old October 18th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.photo.digital
Savageduck[_3_]

Default LightRoom Mobile and external storage

On Oct 18, 2017, Tim Watts wrote
(in ):

On 18/10/17 17:33, Savageduck wrote:

Currently the best of breed for asset management is Lightroom,

That was my conclusion after a lot of research. ACDsee looked good but
lacked mobile support.

and if you are
going that route, then there is a new development which might suit you even
better. Adobe has just announced a change to their Adobe CC line up which
would give you 1TB of Adobe Creative Cloud storage and new Lightroom CC for
$10/month. With 1TB you wouldn’t need any elaborate storage. I currently
use the Photography plan which gives me 20GB.

Oh yes! So I can keep a full copy in the cloud? Cool. That will help a
lot...

http://news.adobe.com/press-release/...ntroduces-new-
lightroom-cc-cloud-photography-service

https://www.theverge.com/2017/10/18/...-adobe-update-
release-price-photography

https://petapixel.com/2017/10/18/bye...troom-cc-faste
r-
lightroom-classic/

Thank you...

Here is what I just got from Adobe which was distributed to Adobe CC
subscribers.

http://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography-classic/members.html

BTW: 200GB of photos over 20 years, is not a particularly large amount.
These
days with larger sensors and file sizes it is possible to accumulate massive
archives. At a single 4-6 hour event such as an airshow, or motorsport event
shooting 100GB or more would not be unusual.

I know - my cameras have evolved. I have a lot of unscanned negatives to
deal with from the 90s. But you're right, one holiday with my new
Panasonic Lumix results in a lot of data now!

You can only have one catalogue at a time. You can have several catalogues,
and some pro users go that route to separate individual client shoots, but
for most of us working with a single catalogue is simpler.

From what you have said, I assume that your photography is mostly shot on
your phone.

Lumix as mentioned above - it's just I want to do the cataloguing on the
phone (or later maybe a pad) as it's a great way to use 15 minutes here
and there to work through stuff...

I do take mobile photos - usually if I have not planned on taking a
camera, but also "documentary" photos of my DIY activities (and these
are vitally important - paint colour codes, spacing of joists above
ceilings where I'm gong to drill holes for downlighters later, that sort
of thing)

Savageduck