Old November 12th 13, 08:55 PM posted to rec.photo.digital.slr-systems
Savageduck[_3_]

Default Nikon's retro DSLR launches and it looks good

On 2013-11-12 20:04:17 +0000, Usenet Account said:

On 12/11/2013 2:17 PM, John A. wrote:
On Tue, 5 Nov 2013 23:39:41 -0500, Michael

On 2013-11-05 10:03:12 +0000, Me said:

On 5/11/2013 9:49 p.m., David Taylor wrote:
On 05/11/2013 04:47, RichA wrote:
I'd sooner pay $3000 for this than $1800 for a lame D610 body.

Strange, really. I suppose it will appeal to some folk, but what a
price! Too many dials!

It's large, pointless, and overpriced.
D610 is a much better camera, or for the same retail price as the DF, a
D800 kills it in every way.

Unlike many Nikon D's, this one specifically works with all the old (I
mean OLD) lenses- the pre-AI manual lenses with the coupling forks. One
reason I bought my (DX format) D5000 was that it could do that also,
but when I found it too tedious to use those lenses fully manually, and
I wasn't taking 35mm film anymore (I still take 120), I sold my entire
Nikon F system to KEH when they came up to my city on one of their
traveling buying trips. I got decent money for it. But now those lenses
would be useful on the DF, if I could figure out a good reason to drop
nearly $3000 on yet another camera. All that said, for those of us who
grew up loving the Nikon F, this camera looks like a camera again.

If only this were real... http://re35.net/

Back before I bought my first DSLR I did in fact look around to see if
something like that was available.

Maybe this will come to fruition some day...
http://nikonrumors.com/2012/12/17/ni...-cameras.aspx/

JA

recall a company back in 1997 Imagek later renamed SiliconFilm that was
pushing that concept. But seemed more like investment baiting scam.

Never fielded a working model for anyone to examine.

I believe that either Hoodman or Delkin had a short lived concept at
about the same time. Ultimately it wouldn't even be able to keep pace
with the least of the P&S of the day. I seem to remember they were
talking about 1.7MB.

Savageduck