Old March 3rd 04, 11:06 AM
Mxsmanic

Default Can one achieve the same quality in using a medium format when using a digital camera and imaging software?

apkesh writes:

... I am torn between going for a medium format or just going for
a high pixel digital camera.

Medium format will provide the higher image quality, by a large margin,
and without question. This is especially true for black and white,
since you can shoot films with practically no grain and sky-high
resolution, such as Technical Pan.

I know most of you here would argue you could
never replicate the quality of what you'll get on a negative in a digital
picture, but isn't that what the future is going to be as far as newer model
cameras are concerned?

The future, perhaps, but we are in the present for now, and 35mm digital
is not a competitor to medium-format film.